An Intimate Bush Wedding

I was flown over to Australia by my cousin Alina and her partner Nick for one of the most memorable weddings I have been apart of.
It was the first time I have flown by myself in 10 years and first time ever without my kids and husband! I was pretty nervous and I have to say at the last minute I was thinking why didn't I at least take one kid with me? But like my friends told me, it would be good for me, and it kind of was.  I saw Australia in a way I haven't in a long time.  With my eyes open wide, without distraction, I asked myself why can't we move back here? The birds, the warm weather, the beautiful beaches and the bush that I really miss.
The forecast earlier in the week was late afternoon showers, but when the day came, there was nothing but beautiful sunshine.  I was up early with jetlag that I had the whole trip so I ran around taking photos from sunrise of the beautiful flowers by Lou Vacher.  They really were beautiful.  Native flowers have always been a favourite and they were just perfect.  The head piece was just incredible and the everlasting daisies slowly opened over the day.
Then it was off to get makeup done at Melli in Terrigal and hair by Jaala. 
Alina is a bit camera shy like many of my brides and I really recommend more of my Norwegian brides to consider "getting ready" photos as that really prepares them and gets them used to having photos done over the rest of the day.
The wedding ceremony was a small group of their closest friends in the gorgeous bush setting called Pearl Beach Arboretum.  Alina walked down "the aisle" to her son playing the violin which was a wonderful touch.  A poem was read and a heartfelt song was sung.
We then ran around taking photos in the area before heading back to our glorious accommodation for a quick break before dinner.
It really was such a wonderful day.  Worth every minute of jetlag ;-)
Thankyou so much Alina and Nick for including me on your very special day.  All those facebook chats and pinterest shares paid off.  It was everything I imagined and so much more!
Enjoy! x

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

24

25

Popular Posts